Teachers have a unique opportunity to:
- Embrace the imaginative
- Draw on the wisdom in a room
- Define your own voice and vision
- Create space for inspired possibilities
- Support what naturally wants to unfold
- Serve something larger than yourself
Teaching is a point of access to something that lies beyond the teacher. It’s a spiritual and creative path that lasts a lifetime.
For more on the spiritual and creative path of teaching, check out my book, Getting Messy: A guide to taking risks and opening the imagination for teachers, trainers, coaches and mentors.
Teachers say that Getting Messy transformed their teaching life, giving them the confidence to explore new terrain. Non-teachers say it’s useful and inspiring because the deeper principles of teaching and learning are actually principles of life itself.