We may think learning is about knowing, but it’s actually about not knowing.
We have to NOT KNOW in order to learn.
And when we admit we don’t know, we open space for a greater wisdom to come through.
What does ‘not knowing’ look like?
1. Be vulnerable – set aside the desire to control.
2. Share what is authentically true, no matter how it’s received.
3. Don’t try to create certain outcomes.
4. Trust the process to show you the next step.
5. Get out of the way of the larger intelligence that’s present.
We humans aren’t supposed to know everything. We’re designed to learn.
For more about Third Space in teaching, training and coaching environments, check out Getting Messy: A Guide To Taking Risks and Opening the Imagination for Teachers, Trainers, Coaches and Mentors