Some highlights from my article in Medium, Five Reasons why Creativity and Business have a Problematic Relationship…
“Creativity lives in the unknown…in a fairy-tale place that’s beyond how we are currently “looking.” True creativity is confronting, confusing, unacceptable, and childlike. And nearly impossible to measure, contain or define.”
“Both Carl Jung and Albert Einstein said in different ways that problems can’t be solved at their own level. To come up with truly innovative solutions, to sincerely dwell in the creative, we have to shift our focus. We have to look in a different way.”
Here are 5 reasons why creativity and business can be incompatible:
(1) Creativity is about expansiveness, unlimited possibilities, and being comfortable with the unknown.
(2) True creativity is challenging, confronting, and rarely ‘acceptable.’
(3) Creativity is confusing and not readily explainable.
(4) Creativity is not separate from who are as humans — it’s not a “tool.”
(5) Highly creative people are comfortable with childlike play.
Read the full article here: